Thursday, November 20, 2008

Forever 21

The music is blasting and I start smiling. I look around to the people around me all having a good time and it hits me...I'm changing history. I'm spitting in the devils face and changing history.


My family has a history of alcoholics and this last week I turned 21. Unlike most youth my age I decided not to go get trashed but I did party it up. I kicked it holy style and had a root beer party. As I jumped up and down with a root beer in hand singing at the top of my lungs the all to familiar "All Star" by Smashmouth I realized...this is the end. This is the cut off point, alcoholism will not continue in my family. By God's grace this will go no further. I took a stand. NO more.


While I can not give all the details about the party because of the fact that I didn't technically have permission for the location of it I can tell you that it was incredible. We tried to play drinking games and such but it ended up being a dance party instead. Watching your friends freak out is pretty entertaining let alone if you join them. We kept it holy and we had a blast.

You can have fun without drinking. I know that for a fact.

3 comments:

Jessie Dennis said...

AMEN to that!!! We so had a blast! Good times! Love ya buddy!! :)

Unknown said...

Best freak out moment: Stephanie Weaver howling like an animal at the top of her lungs. It felt like the music came to a screeching halt and everyone was staring at her. ha ha! Good times!

JML said...

I don't believe it. :) TOTALLY joking.