Thursday, January 8, 2009

It slowly starts to sink in. Thank you God that grief comes in waves. You never give us more than we can handle. He's gone. It's not real. It's like the timeline was cut short. He was suppose to be here for more than this. He was suppose to walk me down the aisle one day. He was suppose to watch his grand kids grow up. He was suppose to get better. See Jesus. Live life. And he's gone.
My dad died.
It's unreal.
It shouldn't have happened...and not the way that it did. He crashed so fast. One day he's putting up Christmas lights, a week later I'm watching a machine breath for him. A week later my now little family is watching him take his last breaths.
He was scared to die. He was scared to be alone. I hope he knew he wasn't.
Home feels like it's missing this HUGE piece now. It's amazing how one person affects you life SO much.
I loved him...and now I miss him.

5 comments:

.:meagan.rae:. said...

Love you and praying for you and your family!

Jessie Dennis said...

Hey buddy! I love you sooooo much!! I'm also prayin 4 ya and ur family!!! :)

marcushackler.com said...

"All of my life, in every season, You are still God, and i have a reason to sing... I have a reason to worship"

Praying for ya.

little naive said...

...I love that song.

Mandy said...

Loosing him has effected me a lot more than I ever thought it would. And in such a different way. Even when I am grown up it is amazing how much I thought about him and looked to him for approval on all things that I did. I think it is really just an emptiness.