Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pop the top


I know I'm only 21 but I'm pulling the "back when I was a kid" card. What is with the Internet code to when stuff?!?! Do you know what I'm talking about? OK scenario: You pick up an ice cold bottle of your favorite soda (Dr. Pepper....mmmmmm. Thinking of you Best Friend). Your just about the unscrew the top when you see "Win a 2009 Charger!" On the front with instructions to look under the cap to see if you have won. Excited you quickly unscrew the cap and peer underneath to see if you have won this incredible prize. AND ALL YOU SEE IS FZ7284Y. WHAT THE PUKE IS THAT!?!?!

Seriously. What is with the Internet codes. How hard is it to say "You Win!" These people are sucking the joy out of life. What is more fun? ...to be walking down the street and see a regular guy open a soda and start jumping up and down screaming with excitement; all the while not noticing his precious soda spilling all over his new pants? -OR- Walking down the street and seeing a guy open a soda and then stair all confused like at the bottom of his soda cap?

The glory days are over. When I was a kid Coke even took it a step better. They made a soda contest that the entire top of your soda can would come off and within an empty can of soda, at the bottom of the can it said YOU WIN in huge bold letters. I remember anticipating it every time I went to open my (at the time) favorite drink. Opening it real slow hoping to see the whole top come off instead of just the usual tab opening up. Kids don't have this kind of joy anymore. They have to buy something then find a computer, get on the internet AFTER getting parents permission, to see if they won a messily t-shirt.

What threw me over the edge on this was shopping yesterday. I'm moseying my way down the lane of Big Lots looking at everything. I come to the pet section and remember how board my dog has been lately so I decide to buy him a bone (which he buried almost as soon as I gave it to him. So much for fun). I come upon one that looks good enough for him. I'm reading the out side and the package says "extremely digestible*" I'm thinking "what does that mean?" I notice the * so I look on the back of the box to further investigate. The back literally says "what does extremely digestible mean?..." I'm thinking hey it's reading my mind! Hooray the answers are here. It continues "log on to www(whatever it was).com to find out." WHAT?!?!? Just tell me! TELL ME!!! I know that we've made a lot of technological advances over the years. The Internet has put the world at our fingertips. But when you don't want the whole world and want one messily little answer such as "you win" or "it means that your dog can digest it better" or what ever aren't we going backwards with technology?

1 comment:

Mandy said...

bwaahaahaa!
tru dat