Tuesday, January 13, 2009

When I Think of You

GREIF
By Sarah Chafin

It’s slowly starting to sink in.
It doesn’t hurt…it sucks.
There’s no other term for it. It sucks.
I don’t feel at a loss…yet
More like an addition
This awkward new thing has moved into my core
Greif
It doesn’t look like it’s going to leave
It’s shoved it’s way in moving everything in it’s path to make room
Room for it’s unwelcome self
Taking up space like some huge piece of unwanted useless furniture
It rubs on the other pieces of my life
Reminding me that it’s here taking up this space
This space that was once filled with love
Love that I had grown so accustom to I was sure it was part of life
But now it’s gone
And so quickly that I’m only now realizing it’s absence
I catch myself thinking that this hole will soon be filled by it’s previous occupant
But Greif reminds me that’s not going to happen
Ever again
For the rest of my days
He’s gone

2 comments:

Mandy said...

It scares me when I think about not having him anymore.

Jack of All Trades—Master of One said...

I'm sorry friend. *hugs from Lewiston* I love you, and if you ever need an ear to listen in those early morning/late night hours when it hits, my ear is available. Let Amanda know the same goes for her too. I love you guys.

-Jennie