Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Best Pool Party EVER!


I went to a doggie pool party with my sister a week or more back. My anticipated response from you “(sarcastic) Oh how exciting…. (Not so sarcastic) I don’t know if I really want to read this post.” Just hear me out. IT WAS AMAZING! Like the most fun I’ve had in awhile. Sorry human friends…dogs might have you bet this time ;)

So Nampa is going to have a dog park soon. To raise money for it they took a kiddy pool (one of the coolest kiddy pools I’ve ever seen. Complete with fountains, a slide and a water depth of 0-31/2 feet.) A baseball field, and a small section of a field next to it and fenced it off. They charged $5 per dog and it was SO worth it. You go into this totally enclosed haven and set your dog free. Now before you start having all sorts of vision of horribleness let me paint you a picture.

Rules
All dogs must be vaccinated. No un-spayed females. And let’s face in, everyone that came was a dog person and most dogs very dog friendly. In fact there weren’t any real fights. Just some “GET OFF MY BACK” barks and snaps but nothing really. In fact the only real medical problems they had was broken toe nails. (I know this because the West Vet Pet Ambulance was there advertising…and just in case, and that’s where my sister works so I got an inside look)
The dogs had a blast. My sister’s dog, Buddy, was so excited he was barking LOUD before we even got in. He never barks. You could tell which dogs just got there because they didn’t know what to do with themselves. It was like all that they had been bared from doing all their lives they where finally free to do. They where finally off the leash. And it was a blast to watch. You have NO idea. Happy dogs acting like idiots. Oh my lanta….SO much fun.

I don’t expect you to understand or truly appreciate this. But truly it was a once in a life time experience and I’m so happy I was a part of it.

No comments: