Monday, September 1, 2008

Heart broken


Feelings are dumb. And so are broken promises. They both hurt you and lead your astray.

Back story.
I finished the stupid/wonderful vampire books. I will not ruin the last book for those of you that haven't finished it. I will say that it took a different turn in the end and I was questioning my reading these now somewhat disgusting books...yet I endured it because they are addictive and thus the reason for their stupidity. I did like them A LOT. However I would not recommend them because of the fact that they are VERY hard to put down, like not getting things done hard. And because of some of the scenes. It makes me sad that some younger people are reading them. It's very easy to get attached to the characters. I went through a few days of the heart ache of finishing a series and realizing that there is no more of the story...
That brings me to my reason for my opening statement.

Reason
After finishing the series there was still hope that lingered. The author was said to be writing the same series again, but from Edward's, the leading male's, prospective. I found this not only intriguing but exciting. The story would go on, and I would see it from a different angle. I was happy. There was even the 1st chapter that the author put up online as a teaser. Talking to my co-worker about it she told me that this was now not going to happen. I did my research and I'm sad to say it's true.
One of the authors close friends/co-laborer (IDK) took the rough draft of the book and illegally put it up on the web. Hurt and betrayed the author decided not to finish this new series. She said that feelings affect authors and their writing and if she wrote it now it would be all wrong. So she put up the true rough draft for her fans to read and left it at that. There will be no more.

FEELINGS ARE BAD. Ok not really but honestly...they lead people astray. People say they fall out of love and shatter each others lives by getting a divorce. People get down about something and let it eat them until, before they know it, they have no friends and watch tv all day because the don't FEEL like doing anything else. People get betrayed and break promises to their fans.
Honestly the authors right, now wouldn't be the best time to write it...but still...never write it again? Forgive the person, and finish what you started.

Broken promises hurt to. I was looking forward to that...and now it's gone. I'm tired of that happening...but there is a reason beyond me I'm sure. Maybe it's for the best. That's all I would need during this intern year, a distraction like stupid teen vampire love...(sigh) I'm still disappointed.

1 comment:

Power Up Love said...

I invite you to visit www.PowerUpLove.com a community of real people sharing real stories about how Love has really impacted and changed their lives.