Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Know What I Should in Life Be but if I Tell You…I Might Have to Kill You


Monday nights are one of my favorite night of all week. It’s a night to kick back and watch my favorite tv shows. One of them is a show about an awkward impromptu spy named Chuck. I love this show and it has played with a thought I’ve had before. I could totally be a spy. Ok not like your typical spy. I don’t think I could do the shooting, fighting, jumping off of building thing (I’ve come to terms with the fact that I can’t jump very high at all. Also, I like to think I’m strong and could take on the world or lift like 200 pounds…I’m coming to terms with my short comings in strength too). But spies do much more than just fight and do stunts. They have to use their cunning, they have to think on their feet and be able to be anyone they need to be. What I’m trying to get at is I think I could be the distraction.

I think I have a gift of distraction…well I guess you could call it a gift. I can get people off on tangents so quickly. Really I’m the ADD kids worst nightmare, that includes myself. I get so easily distracted. This thought hops to that thought and before I know it I’m so off topic and at a lost. When I in an awkward situation I find me trying to distract myself and others by making them laugh. I’m pretty sure that if some Russian killer started getting hot on my teams trail I could have them talking about the dog they had when they where five a matter of minutes…or at least have them cracking up while everyone else made their way out the back window. Another thing, I like being creative. I think I could make up story’s quickly. I could so help with covers. I also use to be an actress, improv was one of my favorites and I think I was pretty good at it. “Fake it till you make it” was a theme in acting. If you act like you belong somewhere people will believe you belong there. I think I could do that. I could take on other identities and probably having people believing it. AND apparently I can pull off being foreign without even trying so that is a plus for a spy right? Between all this and gadgets I think I could be unstoppable.

Watching Chuck also brought the downsides to spy-hood to my attention. Well obviously I would have to lie…and I’m not so keen on that. But the other thing you could never fall in love and you would have to give up all of your past and pretend all of your life. Couldn’t be hanging out at my sisters house with all the fuzzy nieces and nephews. They couldn’t exist to me. And can’t fall in love…really? That’s really sucky…Technically though I don’t think I’d have to really play by the rules…I’m just the distraction right?

3 comments:

JML said...

Oh my goodness. That totally applies to you showing up at work last night. I needed a distraction. That place looked like butt and I was being a grumpy bad word. Anyways, you don't have to play by the rules at all... so do all that then distract people. What if they figure you out though? you might have to shoot them before they shoot you! Or, what if you take too long and that self-destruct sequence that your team started before they decided they had to go isn't as long as your story? Then you're outta luck aren't you my spy friend. THAT'S FUN! I could tell stories about "My spy friend" and just make garbage up about you! YAY. Oh yeah, and you'd have to be a spy in like...eastern Europe because people already think you're from there, so you'd fit right in!

little naive said...

YAY! I like this game! I already have a spy wallet and key chain! If you watch Chuck you would see that he never had to shoot anyone. His team either had his back or he cunningly got out of the situation. The self distruct thing though...I would say that was almost planed. And lets face it...I would just be with Jesus sooner than later. Good deal!

Unknown said...

I watched a humorous movie about nazi's made in the 40's the other day believe it or not. It took place in Poland and the Nazi's asked a young actress to be a spy for the Gesiapo. She agreed but too bad she was already a spy for the underground in Warsaw. ha ha!
It was funny,ish? I enjoyed it. If you were to be a spy I would hope you wouldn't be like her, though. She was a nice girl but a little on the fluzzy side.