Thursday, October 2, 2008

Men are still boys

...I've always thought that the people that watched the gladiators where horrible. How could you watch people hurt each other, kill each other?! AND find that as entertainment?!?! What is wrong with you? Today that changed slightly. Today I witnessed a gladiatorial fight of sorts. It didn't involve blood, or death, maybe some bruises...and defiantly laughter. Today the intern boys went ninja...and I watched.

IT WAS SO FUNNY

Overall conclusion is that men are still boys. No matter how old they get guys still want to be heroes, still want to be the people they read about in comic books, still want to be the super stars of all the guy movies...and it cracks me up every time.
I also concluded that the cooler you try to look, the less affective you are. The people that look awesome while they fight, that try to look like their idols on the big screen end up getting bet. I've learned this other places to. One of them being fencing in the Olympics. I was all sorts of excited when I found out that there was sword play in the Olympic games only to be sorely disappointed when each duel lasted all but 3 seconds. Or take hockey games for instance...the fights there are just ugly.
True violence is all but pretty, and guys living out their five year old fantasies is amazing.

p.s. I'm well aware that I have yet to write about the intern trip to DC. I will...I'm just waiting for the right time. For now just know that it was INCREDIBLE and that God has us there at the perfect time.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Boys can be soooo silly sometimes! And girls can be so girly at times.
There that is my profound statement for the day.

.:meagan.rae:. said...

hahaha SO true!!!!

can't wait to hear what you have to say about DC!!

marc said...

speaking of comic books....

little naive said...

Marc! I know! I have been such a procrastinator. You might just have to text me your school address so I can send them to you. Trust me...I feel aweful!

JML said...

All I'm hearing is pathetic feminist rhetoric. :) If you actually told me about the little fight you saw, then I'd be more than happy to let that slip just a little, but you just commentated on something that I know nothing about. Mostly kidding.

little naive said...

WOW! That's sounded entirely to grumpy. What was that all about? I was just saying it's fun to watch boys be five and if I was a boy I would totally join in. How is that " pathetic feminist rhetoric"?

JML said...

I just had to attack. You know me.

little naive said...

...Jake...I think I'm dislexic...and yes I know I spelled that wrong. I thought you said "You're talking about something YOU know nothing about." It sounded WAY more mean that way. Ok...I'm not so sad at you now. :D