Monday, October 13, 2008

My uphill climb



I have a confession to make. I'm a messy kid...no like a really messy kid. Like I was watching a show one time about meth addicts...some of their rooms looked like my room. It's bad...really really bad. I live like a boy a lot of the times. My meaning being "Hey I need clothes to wear. (smell laundry) That will work. (throw in the dryer and go)"

I need to get my room clean.

It just feels like a never ending battle. I'm busy a lot of the time, when I'm not I'm rarely at home, when I am I waist my time and figure that it's ok cause I need to catch up on sleep from the rest of the week. I need to face it I'm a lazyish kid. When I start cleaning I get like half way through and before I know it it's the end of the day and my week is starting. By the end of the week the half I had clean is a mess again.

My mom and I were talking the other day about how I just need to get organized, in everything really, and my room is just a GIANT symbol of that. I feel like I'm always hanging onto life by the fingertips...and God is always pulling me through. Either by procrastination or whatever I'm never quite ready for the day.

One of my pastors the other day said something about how if we treat something badly it's being a bad steward of our stuff. It's true. I was talking to someone else about my messy room this week and she asked "What about when you get married?" *grown* I don't know. I need to change my bad habits now...But here's a question...why is the "married" card always pulled? Why is that like the pinnacle of perfection. It all builds up to "what about when you get married?" What about the bad habits when your married? What question is asked for our bad actions then?

3 comments:

Israel Shirk said...

The "getting married" card generally gets pulled in this context because you don't want to introduce other (non-animalian but somehow intelligent) lifeforms to them... It just leads to awkward situations. It's normal to you, but to them, they're sitting there thinking, "I've never seen that color before. IVE NEVER SEEN THAT COLOR BEFORE! Who does that???"

Or so I've heard.

little naive said...

wait...what?
I tried following that...but I lost it...
What?
BTW I didn't know you blogged :D
Then again who doesn't now right?

JML said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! I am not shocked in the least bit. In fact, I'm fairly satisfied with this little display!