Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Longest Goodbye

We said our goodbyes so long ago
Yet I still find myself having to say it from time to time.
You’re not here and I don’t want you to be
But I miss the adventures
I miss the crazy
I miss the kidnappings

You moved on so quickly
And I feel so foolish for still revisiting this
But sometimes I still think about you
About my friend lost.
I miss your friendship
And I’m sad that we’re a world apart now

Congrats on your life
I’m glad to hear you’re happy
I prayed for that for you
But still…I’m afraid I’ve been disregarded
As well I should be
As well as be both told each other that we would be

Yet here I am
Saying goodbye again
There are still some scratches left over I guess
Well at least the scars
We really got torn up that summer didn’t we?
Well…at least I did

God has healed me from so much
Step by step
Layer by layer
I’m specks away from having my heart completely back to me
After years
Wow
The memories still sting from time to time that’s all
Just slightly

At the beginning I could imagine surviving this long
Ha ha ha
Now I can’t believe I was that disobedient
I’m So glad I finally listened
I’m so happy that you gave me that final shove I needed
And I’m so thankful for God’s healing
I’m healed.
Just sometimes
I find myself saying yet another goodbye.
Each one needed in a different way than the one before

So goodbye again
I hope this is the last time I’ll have to say it

No comments: